Everything Dog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What kind of kibble are people feeding their dogs and why?

2 posters

Go down

What kind of kibble are people feeding their dogs and why? Empty What kind of kibble are people feeding their dogs and why?

Post  Zeta30 Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:10 am

My wife and I feed our two dogs a brand called EVO. We feed this to them because it is grain free and they use high quality ingredients. The two dogs do very well on this as well. My male dog is a picky eater but he loves this food. The other benefit is that it is a high protein food. The female dog is a poop eater and when we started feeding them this food she doesn't eat poop like she used to.

We were feed the dogs Wellness and I liked that food as well. The dogs coats were so soft that it always felt like we just gave them a bath. Unfortunately Wellness priced themselves out of our price range. For about three months in a row the price of their food was higher and higher so we went with EVO.

The place we buy the food is this little hole in the wall store but they only sell grain free foods and the very high end stuff like Wellness, EVO and also sell info on feeding them RAW and the BARF method.

Zeta30

Back to top Go down

What kind of kibble are people feeding their dogs and why? Empty Re: What kind of kibble are people feeding their dogs and why?

Post  labbielover7 Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:27 am

Evo is a wonderful food. Wellness really jacked there prices up over the past few years.

Leena, 10mo GSP eats Healthwise, (which is actually made by the same company that makes Evo, Natura).
Bliss, 9yo Labradors eat Bravo, which is a raw diet.

labbielover7

Back to top Go down

What kind of kibble are people feeding their dogs and why? Empty Re: What kind of kibble are people feeding their dogs and why?

Post  Zeta30 Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:22 pm

So how much work is involved in feeding your dogs Raw? I have read a little bit about it and have talked to a few trainers who also feed Raw, but it seems like a lot of work.

Zeta30

Back to top Go down

Post  labbielover7 Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:57 pm

Its honestly not as much work as people think is it. It just requires planning and preparation time. The key is to balance over time, not every single meal. There are also several great premade raw diets on the market. Bravo, Nature's Variety, and Primal are just a few.

labbielover7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down